creative technology / new media
/ ethic(s) -
print / present / list / cycle(s)
ICT challenge(s) [3/5]
ICT challenge(s) [5/5]
computer science(s) -- magic
- knowledge -- is a process, not a product
- information -- is a commodity (on the web)
- creativity -- is contagious
- discipline -- relies on self-organisation
- technology -- requires motivation
structure(s) -- creative explorations of art, science & technology
- disciplinary courses -- traditional approach, with regular courses and assignments
- project-based work -- lectures to support active exploration of topics by students
- creative applications -- challenges, to produce viable solutions for real world applications
Who can be interested any longer in that age-old idle talk about good and evil when it has been established that good and evil are not 'constants' at all, but 'functional values', so that the goodness of works depends on the historical circumstances, and the goodness of human beings on the psycho-technical skill with which their qualities are exploited? The world is simply ridiculous if one looks at it from the technical point of view. It is unpractical in all that concerns the relations between human beings, and in the highest degree uneconomical and inexact in its methods.
twinkle(s) / difference(s)
gaming is a waste of time
/ MW2008 / design
- Galvani/Volta/Ritter -- sensorial experiments / electrified
- Walter Benjamin -- (re)introducing the aura of art
- Ted Nelson -- augmenting the human intellect
- Donald Knuth -- literate programming
- Timothy Leary -- turn-on, tune-in, drop out -- deoxy.org/leary.htm
why is it really worthwhile to make a serious study of ...
- intellectual curiosity -- to know the truth
- professional pride -- anxiety about performance
- ambition -- desire for reputation
in our digital age the message determines the selection of the medium
comments after 8/5/08:
interesting, high level research,
veel kennis, geen benul ...
note to myself: back to
of media & game development
academic research takes the fun out of humor
twinkle(s) / difference(s)
- to what extent is second life fake-real or real-fake?
- what is the secret of second life?
- what role(s) do virtual environments play in our (human) life?
panel(s) / experience economy / opinion(s) / sphere(s) / sleep
print / present
question(s) -- creative technology
who am i?
- skill(s) --
- knowledge --
- theory --
- experience(s) --
- attitude --
- what was your most recent (un)creative behavior?
- what would you like to (un)learn?
- what do you think/feel about X?
- how do you behave/connect with Y?
- where did you hide (y)our dream(s)?
- what is your favorite story?
- why did you not tell us before?
- what is on your mind?
- what is under your feet?